Re: debootstrap failed

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 4:39 AM, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

I was able to use debootstrap before, but recent tests always fail --
trial logs at:

http://paste.debian.net/76281/
http://paste.debian.net/76285/

In brief, a vanilla debootstrap session

 rm -rf /mnt/os12/*
 debootstrap --arch amd64 sid /mnt/os12 http://cdn.debian.net/debian/

will fail for me. Tried many times.

And not even able to recover:

% chroot /mnt/os12 /debootstrap/debootstrap --second-stage
chroot: failed to run command `/debootstrap/debootstrap': No such file or
directory

$ ls /mnt/os12/debootstrap/
debootstrap.log  debpaths

Anyone can help?
Please test it for me, if it happens to you as well, I'll file a bug
report.
Happens here too. But note that sid is not always (all the time) a good candidate for debootstrap (or I think so).

This is like an  recurrent bug [1] that was reported days ago [2]

Error is in debootstrap.log
In my case:
init: timeout opening/writing control channel /dev/initctl
dpkg: e2fsprogs: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as you requested:
 e2fsprogs depends on util-linux (>= 2.15~rc1-1); however:
  Package util-linux is not configured yet.
Setting up e2fsprogs (1.41.12-2) ...

Regards,