Re: Is volatile repo bad for secure stable version of Debian?

On 2010-06-06 21:48 +0200, Sthu Deus wrote:

> I got a question, Should "volatile" Debian repository be avoided from
> servers running stable version of Debian for stability/security reasons?

In my (very humble, not backed up with much personal experience) opinion
no.  The packages in volatile are usually there because the versions in
stable aren't really working anymore, so _if_ you need them there is
usually no better source than the volatile repository.

See http://www.debian.org/volatile/ for details.

Sven