Re: Which USB wireless LAN adapter really works on Debian?

On 6 June 2010 18:50,  <jidanni@jidanni.org> wrote:
> I am going to town and wish to purchase the most compatible, least
> problems USB wireless LAN adapter for Debian.
>
> Please don't tell me one that I go buy, only to discover half of the
> ping packets get through, etc. Whilst of course on windows they work
> fine.
>
> So please tell me in your opinion what common brand and series has the
> most throughly working Debian drivers and really works? Thanks you
> very much.

I bought one of theses usb wireless dongles[1] all not long ago for a
little project and it works fine under the 2.6.32 kernel. The dongle
turns out to be 27dBm which is ~500mW.

Regards
Dale

[1] http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wifi-11g-High-Gain-USB-5dbi-antenna-23dbm-Linux-Mac-/170418376348?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27adba0e9c
--
[WWW] http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level