Re: SCIM, anthy, and French

On Fri, 14 May 2010 08:56:00 +0200, didier gaumet wrote:

> Le Fri, 14 May 2010 02:31:58 +0000 (UTC), Hendrik Boom
> <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com> a écrit :
>
>> I'm using scim, anthy
> [...]
>> I'd like also the be able to switch in a French input method
> [...]
>> But I can't figure out how to set that up.  (currently running Debian
>> squeeze on an Asus 1000HE.)
>
> Hi,
>
> You probably need to reconfigure scim (by GUI configuration tool
> provided) and if not sufficient, maybe install (if not already
> installed) one or more of these packages: scim-m17n,
> scim-tables-additional, scim-uim and reconfigure scim.

Added those packages.  Their decriptions didn't suggest that they would
help, but in the hope that they might work, I installed them.

After that, reconfiguring scim using my configuration tool (via the
system->preferences->SCIM input Method Setup menu item) I could find
nothing relevant.  I'm not interested in setting it to an azerty keyboard
-- mine is clearly a qwerty.  All I really want is for circumflex,
apostrophe, backward apostrophe, quote, and perhaps comma to turn into
dead keys so I can put accents on letters.

Any other ideas?

-- hendrik