Re: GUI fails to start

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Nathan Martin <nbrentm@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Help!
>
> After the setup process for Lenny, the system reboots to start the new
> installation but the GUI does not come up. The screen remains blank. I
> checked the option for “Desktop” in the set up process. Everything seems to
> go smoothly until the GUI should come up. I am starting from a “net-install”
> CD I downloaded and burned. Am I doing something wrong or is it my disk
> copy?

You're not offerring too many details to work with.

Have you tried another disk? What are you expecting (i.e., what
wm/de)? Is your video card supported? Has it worked before with
debian? Can you get back to the console and check you xorg log for
error messages? Did you follow the installation instructions found on
the debian website? Have you looked at any documentation? Basically,
what have you done?

-Neal