Re: file transfer from removable flash memory: time stamps and case

On Fri, 28 May 2010 12:50:15 -0400, H.S. wrote:

> When I copy files from a flash memory (inserted in a USB card reader) to
> my Testing desktop, I notice that the filenames are upper case and the
> time stamp of the transferred files is the time they were transferred
> and not when they were originally created.
>
> How do I avoid these and get lower case filenames and original
> timestamps? The flash memories are all vfat.

As per "filename case", if you are running GNOME you can tweak that under
"start/system tools/configuration editor" and navigate to "system/storage/
default_options/vfat" then set the value "mount_options" to
[shortname=lower,uid=] that will cause all the files, despite their
original case, to be transformed into lower case.

OTOH, I see the right time stamp for the copied files :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón