Re: Affordable big endian machine to run debian

On 05/26/2010 03:42 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
Hi there,

   For a toy project I am looking for a big endian machine where I
could run debian on it (of course!). I tried using qemu + a powerpc
image but running a C++ compiler / linker was extraodinarly slow.
   G5 is just way to expensive for me. If possible I would like to
avoid having to buy a used machine on ebay. Can I find something in
the range [1000$ - 1500$] ?

Thanks a bunch !
PARISC and www.gall.de (no, I am in no way affiliated with them)