Re: OT-Brother DCP 130C printer

On Tuesday 25 May 2010 14:17:08 Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> I may get my neighbor to switch to debian, if its printer works under
> linux, but it is not mentioned in  linuxprinting.org.   Has anyone some
> returns on such a  printer.(It is printer and scanner)

Brother printers are hit-and-miss.  Mine worked for printing, if connected via
USB, but the scanning and faxing just didn't work.

Try printing something from a LiveCD.  That's probably a pretty good test.  It
will also give you (at least) once through the configuration dialogs and
whatnot to learn the correct way to configure the printer.