Re: Motherboards

On 05/25/2010 01:03 PM, Jean-François wrote:
Hello,

I might be wrong, but I guess the exact name for your motherboard is DFI Lanparty DK p45-t2rs PLUS (as opposed to the Elite or Turbo models), which has 8 SATAII ports, and I also guess you have used the two yellow ports? If so, plug your drives in the orange ports to use the Sata controller from the ICH10R and not the JMicron JMB363 (given the vast amount of options traditionnally present in a DFI LanParty BIOS, you can probably disable the JMicron controller if you want to do so).

The ICH10R only provides 6 SATAII ports, and the JMicron controller is there to provide 2 additionnal ports.

Yes, the PLUS is the correct model. I will have to look into it again, but I have 3 drives so they could not all be in the two yellow ports. This may also explain why fdisk lists my drives in the order: sdc, sdb, sda. Running lspci -k, I don't recall seeing ata_piix at all.

Thanks for the input, I will have another look tonight.