Re: microphone

Adam Hardy on 25/05/10 15:54, wrote:
Anand Sivaram on 25/05/10 15:35, wrote:
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 18:29, Jasper <rjnoe@xs4all.nl     arecord|aplay

    then play with the sliders in alsamixer.

    :)

    --Jasper.

I also suggest the same.
arecord | aplay
arecord could be used to record wave files also......

I can't get a tweet out of the mic though and it doesn't look bust nor can I remember treading on it or using the cable hang weights on.

In audacity under the microphone dropdown, there are about 7 choices including the USB mic on the webcam which I guess isn't covered by alsa, and also one called Alsa Default which doesn't work either.

It looks like the sound card has a few options there. Is there some way of determining which I should use?

Sorry, completely missed off the important bit: I ran arecord | aplay

I ran alsamixer simultaneously but couldn't get anything to stream thro.