Re: Tiny terminal text after kernel update

On 16:28 Sun 23 May     , Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> After a recent kernel update, my linux terminal is now displaying
> teeny-tiny text. How do I set the default terminal back to 80x25?

I had this on my system as well. I also had trouuble when tried to reinstall the
binary nvidia driver for my nvidia card. It would not work.

I mucked around and discovered that there is default install of the nouveau driver in the
new kernel.

So the solution to both of the problems (tiny font on boot + failure to install non-free
binary nvidia kernel using the NVIDIA non free linux drivers) is to ban the nouveau kernel module.

The way to do this is

put the line

blacklist nouveau

in the file

/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

then when you boot you will be in good shape.

The nouveau kernel module sets up a framebuffer for nvidia graphics cards like ours.

Mitchell Laks