Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Mon, 24 May 2010 05:36:32 -0400 (EDT), Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> wrote:
>> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 01:11:48PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>>> William Pitcock <nenolod@dereferenced.org> (22/05/2010):
>>>
>>> There should also be some folks fixing the discovered issues.
>>
>> grub2 currently seems to be having 18 RC bugs, plus a whole bunch
>> of merged bugs, while lilo only has 1 RC bug.
>
> I chatted about this with the grub upstream a couple of days ago.
> According to Vladimir, most of those bugs are already fixed, but there's
> nobody around to do a new upload.  Both grub maintainers (Felix Zielke
> and Robert Millan) unexpectedly disappeared some time ago.

What about Jordi Mallach and Colin Watson?  The package page for grub-pc

   http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/grub-pc

lists them as maintainers too.  Have they disappeared as well?  Or are
they no longer maintainers for this package?  In which case their names
should be removed from the web page.

Somehow I feel a dip in motivation.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell