Re: RAW photo images

Charles Kroeger wrote:
> Does anyone running Debian, (not Umbuto) use 'raw-therapee' or know of a good
> raw image processor that does well with 'our' distro? I have Gimp but can't
> find anything regarding 'raw' in the help files.
>
> (i.e. 16bits)
>
> have a better one.

I have used ufraw successfully with Canon's crw files. I have also used
dcraw to do the raw->jpeg conversion on the command line. The only
problem that I have encountered in the latter method is that the dcraw
appears to not understand camera's white balance (at least in Canon's case).

ever having been read.