Re: Evolution email question.

On 05/21/2010 09:07 PM, Paul E Condon wrote:
I'm looking at Evolution as a GUI MUA to supplement Mutt

Then I'd implement an IMAP server and move all your email to it.

I'm running Squeeze on Intel hardware - nothing exotic.
I go through the initial setup dialog - no problem
I'm about to start investigating how it works when I
notice my computer is running really slowly. I look
carefully at the Evolution window and it seems that
Evolution is scanning everything under "/". This will
take a long time (100GB HD and pretty near full).

Question:
What is Evolution looking for? and
Is there a way that I can tell it where that is ? So
it doesn't look in all the wrong places.

Maybe it's PIM is indexing your disk?

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?