Re: Pre-installation thoughts

Hi there,

>My plan:
>- Partitions (160GB disk):
>  - (10-20GB?)  bare minimum for OSX >(firmware upgrades, efi)
>  - (30-40GB)   base debian system incl. />home/*
>  - (100GB)     public media files
>  - (10GB)      encrypted partition for my >home.

If you want to install OS X then I suppose you are doing it on an Apple computer?

Well, if I'm you I'll opt for more gigs on the OS X partition; you'll need it. (Just a suggestion, don't heed it if you don't like it).

All in all, the partition scheme seems to have been pretty well-thought.

>- passwordless login (with 3 possible locales)

If what you mean is automatic login, fire up  gdmsetup after debian is installed. Otherwise you'll have to wait for others to reply, cause I'm not knowledgeable in this.. :(

Regards,
RJB