Re: Nepomuk wants virtuoso soprano

On 20/05/10 12:19, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
Le 20/05/2010 10:12, AG wrote:
Hi all

Although I am logging into Gnome DE on an up-to-date Squeeze system, I
receive a message at login that declares Nepomuk requires virtuoso
soprano to work. Having looked nepomuk up via Google, it seems like it
is something from our KDE friends, but using apt-cache search I don't
see anything called virtuoso soprano to draw down to satisfy nepomuk.

My question is: how does one satisfy nepomuk and/ or is nepomuk even
necessary?

Also, is it just me or do other folk here also find that KDE seems to be
pulling in loads of dependencies ... databases, nepomuk (which wants
virtuoso soprano), etc. just to operate? Seems like a lot of overhead is
required to prop up KDE4.* these days.

Anyway, any suggestions re: the nepomuk issue?

Cheers

AG

Hi,

virtuoso-minimal is on the recommend list for soprano-daemon, which is brought in by libsoprano4 (a depend of many kde4 apps).

Here I have:

aptitude search ~S~i~nnepomuk
i   libnepomuk4
i   libnepomukquery4a

aptitude search ~S~i~nvirtuoso

aptitude search ~S~i~nsoprano
i   libsoprano4
i   soprano-daemon

aptitude why soprano-daemon
i   libsoprano4 Dépend soprano-daemon (= 2.4.3+dfsg.1-1)

Hope it helps.

It does/ did help, thank you. I just pulled down virtuoso-minimal, and that dragged in a few more libraries, so hopefully that will shut nepomuk from complaining at me each time I logon.

Thanks mate - appreciate your help.

AG