Re: Nepomuk wants virtuoso soprano

On 20/05/10 11:35, Schelstraete Bart wrote:

>Also, is it just me or do other folk here also find that KDE seems to be
>pulling in loads of dependencies ... databases, nepomuk (which wants
>virtuoso soprano), etc. just to operate? Seems like a lot of overhead is
>required to prop up KDE4.* these days.

Who says that  you need virtuoso to run KDE4?

If you don't need it, you don't install it.

It's like installing debian with Oracle, and afterwards complain that Debian needs Oracle... sigh...

I did not deliberately download and install nepomuk, it came down as part and parcel of a regular update and I also didn't say that I needed virtuoso to run KDE4 - perhaps you should read emails properly before launching into a sarcastic and unhelpful retort, Schelstraete. You will see that what I +did+ write was that nepomuk claims it needs virtuoso. So aside from your spurious analogy with Oracle, do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?

AG

Schelstraete Bart

http://www.schelstraete.org

bart@schelstraete.org