Re: Thunderbird's WebMail addon (used together with `-Hotmail' extension of it) download sometimes all the e-mails since some date, even if they have already been retrieved at another period

On 2010-05-18 22:16:57 +0200, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
> Le 18/05/2010 21:30, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> >some add-ons, such as `WebMail'. This add-on lets it fetch your e-mails
> >from mail servers only dealing with special protocols (not as POP, IMAP,
> >etc.). I use it together with `WebMail -Hotmail', that is, to check my
>
> Hi, don't know about your problem but there's no need any more for
> webmail hotmail addon, just use pop3.live.com as your pop server and
> smtp.live.com for smtp. It works with "old" accounts in @hotmail
> too.

+1 for this suggestion.

I remember the days when I had to set up a computer to get Hotmail
using the WebMail add-on. It never seemed to work quite right.

But then a magical thing happened and Microsoft started having a
POP3 service for hotmail accounts. We kicked that WebMail add-on
to the curb, and never looked back.

Have a nice day,

Phil