Re: pinning + apt-get vs aptitude

Freeman wrote:
On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 10:32:36AM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

(on Sid) I pinned grub-legacy, to avoid going to grub2.

Then when I do 'apt-get dist-upgrade' I see:

  grub

and

... grub-legacy ...

but when I do 'aptitude full-upgrade' I see:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
... grub-legacy{a} ...

and

... grub-pc{a} ...

So why does aptitude pay no attention to my pin?

High pin scores can be thrown off, even without high-scoring dependency
issues, if there are more than two releases involved.

This explains better than I could:

http://www.argon.org/~roderick/apt-pinning.html

Indeed it does. Thanks.

Hugo