Re: Still can't read DVDs/CDs

James Stuckey wrote:

As I've already said, it works in windows and mac. I'll try changing the cable, but since it works in windows and mac I doubt the cable is at fault. I've tried audio and data cds and DVDs.

It may or may not help, but normally my dvd drive is sr0, but I checked and today it's scd0, I checked both data and dvd movie and it's working, so maybe try a change in fstab and see if it will work of course you may need to reboot after the change:

 /dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Squeeze at sda9
Registered Linux User #380263