Re: Flash is open?

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 04:18:51PM -0400, Stefan Monnier uttered:
> > Look at PDF. PDF became a ISO/IEC standard but we (at linux) still lack
> > for a PDF editor that can compete with Acrobat Professional.
>
> In the GNU/Linux world, being able to edit PDF files is not considered
> as a worthwhile feature.  Better edit the file in some other format, and
> only use PDF for a "static output format".  In my experience, this works
> very well.

There are some printers that use GNU/FLOSS to you know. 8) Got to be
careful being so inclusive. There are many uses for PDFs other than
for archival purposes. Printers for example take PDFs and often need to 'edit'
them. That's where the original idea to have a PDF editor originated.