Re: Deleting some regexp/simple expression from lots of files in a secure way

On Fri,14.May.10, 19:04:42, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have many text files (actually .tex files) which contain some
> sequence or regexp (it depends on the files) that I would like to
> remove. Is there a commandline/GUI for doing this massive edit?

You need 'find'. If that sequence or regexp is in the contents and not
the name of the file (not clear from your message) you'll also need
'grep'. Both have excelent man pages and you can get help here if you
don't understand something.

Regards,
Andrei