Re: OO.writer can't its file.

On 05/14/2010 01:20 AM, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good day.
>

> I can not open a file in 'oowriter' by 'edit' user, the program says, "Write error. The file could not be written." Running from console gives no additional info. The version is 3.2.0-4.
>
> ls -l 1.odt
> returns:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 edit we 64145 2010-03-29 10:39 1.odt
>
> Therefore I see that the problem does not lay in permissions. Then what? - Buggy oowriter?
>

> Thanks for Your time.

I see many good suggestions for things to check but didn't see this:
your temporary file storage area may be full.

Caveat, I'm using OOwriter 2.4 ...

Select Tools/Options menu, the resulting window, under the generic
"OpenOffice.org" element, has an item called 'Paths'.

This defines the location for various items, including where to store
temporary files.

Mine points to /tmp, but I don't recall if that is standard/default, or
if I changed it.  In any case, OOwriter created a directory with several
files in it, when I opened a document.

If your temp directory has not been cleaned up and is a regular
filesystem, OOwriter would be unable to create/open/write the temporary
files it uses.

--
Bob McGowan