Disable server so it does not start on reboot (even after upgrade)?

I use insserv to boot my laptop and used `update-rc.d apache2
remove` to indicate that I do not want apache2 to start on
reboot.  Indeed this works fine for while.  Either an apache2
(apache2.2-common upgrade) or some other package install/upgrade
then seems to revert my choice and apache is once again started
in reboot.

Is there a better way to disable servers from starting?

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
Life Integrity, LLC