Re: motion package and the Unibrain Fire-i camera

On Mon, 10 May 2010 12:45:03 -0700, peasthope wrote:

> Coriander in Lenny gives an image from a Unibrain Fire-i provided "chmod
> 666 /dev/raw1394".
>
> My /etc/motion/motion.conf in Lenny declares,
>   videodevice /dev/raw1394
> and consequently these lines appear in /var/log/syslog.

(...)

Just guessing, but couldn't be that "motion" needs to use a "vloopback"
device for firewire cameras? :-?

I know nothing about which devices are directly suported by "motion" but
a simple search in their site it gives these results:

http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/BugReport2005x03x30x011107
http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/SupportQuestion2008x08x14x014531

More info here:

http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/Dv4Linux