Re: Re^n: Grub vs. linux-image-2.6.32 conundrum

On Monday 10 May 2010 15:57:02 peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> > [update-grub] is not a bug.  The maintainer script for the
> > new kernel image package is trying to run update-grub because it is
> > being told to do so by entries in /etc/kernel-img.conf.
>
> Past experience is that an intended straightforward
> repair can easily turn out to be a significant
> project.  So my preference in this case is
> to reinstall Lenny on the IBM NetVista or
> to wait for grub-pc to be fixed.
>
> Without grub-pc installed, I can not read
> /usr/share/doc/grub-pc/NEWS* .  Has anyone found
> that a problem with grub-pc from a few months
> back has been repaired?  Has the time come
> to reinstall grub-pc?

What was the problem?  In the text you quoted, there was no reasonable change
that could be made to grub-pc to address the issue; your /etc/kernel-img.conf
needed fixing.  I suppose a re-install might fix it, too.  But, that seems
inefficient compared to editing a text file.