Re: Re: Authentication unsuccessful relaying from Postfix to MicrosoftESMTP MAIL Service

Hi Camaleón,

> O.k. Then you need to setup Postfix SSL/TLS acting as client, not
> server.

Oh that's what I thought I did. I only changed smtp_* settings, not
smtpd_* settings.

> > So my questions are:
> >  * How can I fix this in Postfix?
>
> Let's see the logs...

I already posted excerpts from /var/log/auth.log and /var/log/mail.log
I'm not sure which other logs are relevant.

> >  * Can Postfix do this? Or do I need to change to something else
> >  * e.g.
> >  Exim?
>
> Yes, you can setup Postfix for this.

That's good, thanks.

> > * What does IceDove do that Postfix doesn't?
>
> Logs will tell.

Again, not sure which logs.

> The doc you have to follow stands here:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl

Thanks. In fact I've used those settings, and for my old server, they work.

> > /var/log/mail.log:
>
> (...)
>
> > May  9 16:30:01 rimmer postfix/smtp[10643]: certificate verification failed for NEWSERVER[NEWSERVER-IPADDR]:587: untrusted issuer /L=ValiCert Validation Network/O=ValiCert, Inc./OU=ValiCert Class 2 Policy Validation Authority/CN=http://www.valicert.com//emailAddress=info@valicert.com
>
> Server replies that does not trust the issuer of that CA.
>
> (...)
>
> > May  9 16:30:01 rimmer postfix/smtp[10643]: Untrusted TLS connection established to NEWSERVER[NEWSERVER-IPADDR]:587: TLSv1 with cipher RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
>
> I guess your are having problems with the certificate itself. It
> cannot
> be verified by the remote server.

The TLS part seems to be sorted now (see my reply to Sven).
But the authentication still fails.

Thanks for your help,
Clive