Re: colorized ls

On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 04:26:36PM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> What did I update recently that caused me to lose ls coloring with this
> error message:
>
> ls: unrecognized prefix: hl
> ls: unparsable value for LS_COLORS environment variable
>
> How should I fix it?

If you are using system-wide definitions, edit /etc/dir_colors and
comment the offending line. There should be one.
Also, check the manpage `man dircolors'. You might want to rebuild the
definitions. Backup /etc/dir_colors before. Better yet, does
`dircolors -b' contain the offending line causing the error?
I'm guessing you use bash.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB