Re: [Semi-OT] Accessing gmail from Python

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Jordan Metzmeier <titan8990@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>> Does anyone have an example of how to do this?  Google hasn't helped,
>> specifically at telling me what the keyfile and certfile should be.
>>
>> Google *did*, though, help me with fetchmail, so now I have the relevant pem
>> files.

Don't know about the method you're trying, and this may be total
overkill, but you can do anything with Google from Python using the
Python Client Library:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/gdata/2.0.4

Here's a Getting Started Guide for using the library:

http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/articles/python_client_lib.html

Here's an overview of authorization to Google services:

http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/GettingStarted.html