Re: Is Firefox/Iceweasel leaking?

On Fri, 07 May 2010 19:58:26 +0200 Merciadri Luca wrote:
> I noticed on many computers with Debian, whatever the kernel
> (2.6.xx, xx >= 26), that, once ``too much'' tabs have been opened,
> Firefox/Iceweasel becomes sluggish, slower and slower, and often
> stalls after some time. I also noticed that, when becoming more and
> more sluggish, it takes more and more RAM, even when all the pages
> are completely loaded. Why? Am I the only person who's experiencing
> this? Is there an objective explanation to this?

I'd had similar problem with Iceweasel on Lenny when my browser cache
limit was set to a large value.  But things are okay after bringing it
down (to 20MB).  You might want to try that.

Large cache slows Iceweasel down because it uses these large databases
of stored history to suggest addresses in each tab's address bar.  I
also had a Zotero database, which used to worsen things.

Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://athene.org.in/girish