Re: How to flush cache of certain disk?

Alexander Batischev wrote:
But all you said made me hard thinking about the way I mount and
unmount my removable media. Maybe I should forget about sync and use
'umount /mnt/sd[a-z]' instead, or even write little script which will
ask me which device I want to unmount… [snip]

Which is what eject(1) is. It will search mountpoints in /dev, /media and /mnt by default btw, so it's just "eject sd[a-z]" for your example. You might want to use /media and volume names instead.

-thib