Re: Simple tool to extract sound from video?

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 21:49, Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:
Rob Owens wrote:
> Avidemux can do it also.  It's a GUI, but I think it's more
> straightforward to do it with ffmpeg, as suggested above
Thanks. ffmpeg does actually, exactly what I want. Thanks. (For such
things, people habitually ask for a mere commandline use, at least me.)

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

I am not sure your particular version of ffmpeg has got mp3 supports
Look at "ffmpeg -formats".  It contains both container and codec formats information,
where 'D' means decode, 'E' means encode.