Re: usb raid1 pendrive boot

Jozsi Vadkan wrote:

> But i thought that, I can boot from RAID1 under Lenny. So i can't?

As matter of fact there is not enough information to say exactly what's your
issue, but this is an option I would check.

> So the solution is that I need a separate /boot partition?

In your case if the md driver is not compiled into the kernel

> But the RAID will be useless then...

No because you can have those 30MBs backuped and restored easily - the raid
is holding the data.

You can also try debugging the initrd you are using to see what is going on
or give us more information on your setup - partitioning, grub/lilo setup
etc.

there are many ways to get the job done!

regards