Aliases with `-'

Hi,

I would like to define an alias with some `-' characters into it, in my
.bashrc. For example, if `this-is-my-alias' is my alias, I would use

==
alias 'this-is-my-alias'='some command to achieve'
==

It simply does not work. Why? I tried without `'' but emacs then stops
highlighting the word, which is no good sign. Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Instruction ends in the schoolroom, but education ends only with life.
(F. W. Robertson)