grub-pc should add resume as kernel/boot-option to make hibernate work

Hi!

I was just about to file a bug against grub-pc but I wanted to hear
your opinion first.

I've installed Debian/Squeeze with the
standard+desktop+notebook-option (whats the name of this menu btw?
tasksel?).

So Gnome got installed and everything runs fine. The only thing which
did not work out of the box was hibernate / resume (out of Gnome).

I had to add the the resume-option to grub.cfg manually to make it
work. I am completely aware of the fact that I will loose my setting
after the next "update-grub"-run and that there is a /etc/default/grub
which would allow me to add some default boot-options.

The question is: why does hibernation/resume does not work
"out-of-the-box"? Is it by design and/or did I miss any documentation?

And if this is a bug who should handle this? grub-pc or some other
package?

Regards,
 - Darsha