Re: md does a monthly resync?? (was Re: Questions about RAID 6)

On 05/04/2010 11:08 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

I forget your specifics, but you do RAID *and* backup regularly to an
external lvm2?

No, no RAID for me *at home*. But at work I manage databases on all sorts of (to use a quaint old phrase) super-minicomputers, and if they ever needed to "resynchronize" monthly, we'd have tossed them out immediately, since for the money we spend on them, they're supposed to stay in sync *always*.

Dissent is patriotic, remember?