RE: How to schedule for a repeated task?

Yes, expect will work, but if you can use ssh, use it, it will be easier.
Setup ssh to use RSA key for authentication, so it won't prompt for a
password.  Then just execute "ssh username@remote.server somecommand" and it
will run "somecommand" and the output will be sent back to you.