Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

On 05/02/2010 02:17 PM, Peter Tenenbaum wrote:
I've been thinking about getting a netbook and I'd like to install
Debian linux on it when / if I do.  I'd also like to get one which uses
an AMD64-class processor.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  The
Gateway LT21 looks like just what I want in terms of hardware (ie,
fairly low-end but 64-bit); has anyone got any positive / negative
experience installing Debian on this computer?

Apart from the coolness factor, *why* 64 bit on a netbook?

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?