Re: [Solved] Re: Ctrl+alt+Fn not showing consoles

rudu wrote:
Le 29/04/2010 20:42, Hugo Vanwoerkom a écrit :

rudupere wrote:

Bingo !!
That was it, an old bug from nvidia drivers.
The workaround that worked for me :
Append the line :
options nvidia NVreg_UseVBios=0
to the file /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-kernel-nkc.conf

A big thank you to Justin and everyone who helped.

Good that you got it solved. Except I don't understand when the problem
started. You must have run at one time w/o black screens. And then they
started.

Hugo

Well, I've lived with it for quite a long time before calling for help here, but IIRC it started after a kernel upgrade, then I couldn't install the nvidia driver so I switched to nv, and so on.
I hadn't enough time at the moment to investigate ...

Glad one of those solutions worked for you. That one in particular I think is a new one (to me anyway). It's been a while since I've had a need to flip between the consoles, much less turn on the laptop, so I'll have to try that one and see if it works.

I'm sure that in the grand scheme of things, this is a very minor issue, but it's annoying and surprising, IMO, that it still exists considering the age of the bug.