Re: Questions about RAID 6

On 04/26/2010 09:29 AM, Tim Clewlow wrote:
Hi there,

I'm getting ready to build a RAID 6 with 4 x 2TB drives to start,

Since two of the drives (yes, I know the parity is striped across all the drives, but "two drives" is still the effect) are used by striping, RAID 6 with 4 drives doesn't seem rational.

but the intention is to add more drives as storage requirements
increase.

My research/googling suggests ext3 supports 16TB volumes if block

Why ext3?  My kids would graduate college before the fsck completed.

ext4 or xfs are the way to go.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?