dma_timer_expiry - Installing Debian on CF card via adapter IDE-->CF

Hi list,

I try to install Debian Lenny on my HP 5700 Thin Client Terminal.
The installation source is USB stick, bootloader - syslinux,
netinstall.iso.
As a hard drive I use Kingston CompactFlash 16GB
Elite Pro 133x via adapter IDE-->CF.
During booting I get message "dma_timer_expiry : dma status == 0x21",
after a while system installer starts, but after partitioning I
get a message that system wasn't able to mount the partitions.
Whta can I do to fix this problem?
Is this because my CF card or adapter doesn't support DMA?
I consider acquisition of new adapter that I found which support
DMA http://www.allegro.pl/item1014920705_cf_ide_44pin_adapter.html
but I can't find if my CF card does.

Could anybody help me how to fix this problem? Should I add something like ide=nodma to the syslinux.cfg?