Re: USB key accept data only as root

> To put data on my USB key, I need to be root. This does not sound
> normal. How can I tweak this?

This sounds perfectly sane. Even better, it protects you from
yourself and from people around.
I suppose you are the only user of the node. Little tweaking
with permissions would let you go further, but I stay firm
against. Systems like openbsd or freebsd would not allow any
change or module load with security levels set high enough. It
is more restrictive and more secure, but less fancy for dude
behind the keyboard.
Best regards

                               Zoran