Re: Suspend to Disk + blacklisted module = still trouble

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:09:36 +0200, Felix Natter wrote:

> Camaleón writes:

>> BTW, how do you call the hibernation state? You should type
>> "hibernation" in a text console (gnome-terminal, xterm, konsole...).
>
> That was it: I used the GNOME shutdown dialog: I thought it would call
> hibernate?

I thought that was the problem :-)

GNOME seems to use another suspend/hibernate method and this package
(hibernate) is a separate one. Indeed, I can hibernate the machine using
GNOME shutdown menu but I have not installed that "hibernate" package at
all.

> When I use hibernate, I get this log:
>
> Starting suspend at Mo 26. Apr 09:00:05 CEST 2010

(...)

> Unloading blacklisted modules listed /etc/hibernate/blacklisted-modules
> Unloading blacklisted module uvcvideo (and dependencies)

(...)

> hibernate: [90] Executing ModulesLoad ...

> => so it seems to work.

Yes, and module is being unloaded/loaded as it should.

> Still I got an error message and hangup
> concerning uvcvideo on resume a few days ago, but unfortunately I don't
> have the error message around.

IIRC, you are using a non-default kernel (I mean, your kernel is not the
one coming with Lenny) and maybe the error could be that :-?

> Thank you for your help! Maybe the problem is fixed by using
> /usr/sbin/hibernate.

Now that you already know how to use both methods (GNOME and
"hibernate"), just try both from time to time. At least "hibernate"
writes down a log file that can help you to debug any problem :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón