Re: overcoming the 32k objects limit is ext3 - which file system to use?

On Seg, 26 Abr 2010, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 07:17:22AM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
This limit is rarely encountered in practice because it is so much more
efficient to use multiple directory levels, e.g.:

parent-
  a-
    able
    alf
  b-
    beta
    bravo

Hmm... what happens if you have a program that behaves that way, but
suddenly needs to start also using Chinese characters? :-)

parent-
  1-
    <characters with one stroke>
  2-
    <characters with two strokes>

"And do you think (fop that I am) that I could be the Scarlet Pumpernickel?"
		-- Looney Tunes, The Scarlet Pumpernickel (1950, Chuck Jones)

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br