Re: Re: Help needed: error booting to btrfs filesystem

On Fri, Apr 23 at 20:34, Eugen Dedu penned:

> Well, /boot is on the same filesystem as / (only one FS), so it is
> btrfs.  Does not grub2 boot linux from btrfs?  I have seen Web pages
> saying that it boots...

I just used google to search "grub2 btrfs", and the results don't look
promising.

Not that you asked, but btrfs is still in development; I wouldn't think
that supporting it is anyone's top priority.  If you are planning to
keep anything important on this system, I'd think twice about using
a filesystem that's still in flux:

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

"Btrfs is under heavy development, but every effort is being made to
keep the filesystem stable and fast. As of 2.6.31, we only plan to
make forward compatible disk format changes, and many users have been
experimenting with Btrfs on their systems with good results. Please
email the Btrfs mailing list if you have any problems or questions
while using Btrfs."

--
monique