Re: [SOLVED] Debian-multimedia breaks mplayer .mov playback on Lenny?

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 00:57:49 +0200, Clive McBarton wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote:
> >> Debian-multimedia is not part of Debian,
> >
> > The archive signing key of debian-multimedia is nevertheless in Debian
> > already: Christian Marillat uses his developer key to sign his Release
> > files, so anyone who cares about security can take this key from the
> > (authenticated) debian-keyring package and feed it to apt-key before
> > installing any packages from debian-multimedia.
> >

> Great! Thanks! Just what I was looking for.
>
> What would be the simplest command to achieve this key extraction and
> insertion? In my case, his key is already on my keyring, so I have some
> difficulty testing any command that I'd think up myself.

See here:

You cannot use this method for other unofficial archives, but often you
can at least verify a developer's signature on the archive key that you
had to download from the web. Here is an example:

Ideally the verification should take place before the key is added to
the keyring of apt, of course.

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |