Re: backup apt tree?

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> Restoring those files would not actually cause a downgrade to occur.  They
> would just cause the state of the package manager to not accurately reflect
> the state of the system.

Yes, this is what I would like to achieve. I would like the package
manager to switch back to the previous state. Then, I would open
aptitude and it will automatically propose the necessary downgrades (I
think). Thus I could quickly and painlessly restore the system (in
case it was broken by the upgrade) and then hunt down the offending
package when time permits.

What would be the concerned files?

> -- Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "apt
> tree".
>
> If you need an old package, snapshot.debian.org should have it.  You can then
> you pinning to avoid upgrading it -- either to a specific version or at all.

Looks interesting, I'll look into that. Thanks
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm