Re: Epiphany browser continues to get worse and worse

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:39:27 -0400 (EDT), Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-04-20 08:24, Lisi wrote:
>> On Tuesday 20 April 2010 03:21:52 Ron Johnson wrote:
>>> Why do women buy new clothes every year when their existing clothes
>>> are completely functional?
>>
>> A lot of us don't.  And I don't fix things that aren't broken either.
>
> (I _knew_ I'd get an email or two like this...)
>
> Neither do *all* geeks consistently and constantly buy new kit.
>
> HOWEVER... since enough women and geeks *do* do what I suggest, they
>  fuel two thriving multi-multi-billion dollar industries.
>
> So, it's patently obvious that these two generalizations fit the
> populations to which they were applied.

No doubt you will claim that the exception proves the rule,
and you may be right.  But I am definitely a geek.  I got a new laptop
for my birthday a few days ago.  My wife, sons, siblings, inlaws,
etc. all chipped in for it because I was too cheap to buy one for
myself.  The only reason that I asked for one for my birthday was
because my old laptop, which was new in 1998, has a hard drive (4G) which
I have almost outgrown.  By the time I install a full-blown Linux desktop
environment on it, there's not much room left for user files.  Otherwise,
I would have been content to continue running my 12-year-old 266 MHz
Pentium II with 416M of RAM, 2M of video RAM, and no 3D graphics acceleration.

On the other end of the spectrum, Epiphany's motto seems to be,
"If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!"

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :