Re: which package can show CPU temperature and fan speed

#include <hallo.h>
* Long Wind [Sun, Apr 18 2010, 01:24:09AM]:
> I have etch and HP VL420
> It runs P4 1.6G
> but BIOS can't show CPU temperature and fan speed
> so I download a bios from motherboard maker ASUS
> but can't update bios
> then I install lm-sensor in etch
> but reading data seems incorrect
> Can you help???

If the kernel is fresh enough and ships with all required modules then
you need to run sensors-detect as root. It should detect suitable
drivers and load the modules. It would also ask you to add the list to
/etc/modules which you should confirm unless you want to run the
detection again after reboot.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
<Myon> TV ist Zeitverschwendung
* micsch muss auch nochmal seine TV-Karte einbauen