Re: router policy question

On Friday 16 April 2010 21:00:56 Glenn English wrote:
> On my nets, I need to be able to telnet/ssh into the border router, from
>  the inside, to futz with it.
>
> But is there any reason at all to allow anything, aside from some ICMP, to
>  go beyond the ACL on its Internet facing interface -- to get to the router
>  itself, that is?

You mean packets coming in from the Internet with a destination IP that is
assigned to the router itself?  Are you running any sort of routing protocol
or similar that communicates with your ISP's routers, including things like
MPLS, or any VPNs/tunnels that terminate at the border router? What about NAT
or port forwarding on the border router?

--
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." -
Mark Twain, American Writer (1835-1910)